Commercial Driver Charges for DUI & Traffic Violations in San Diego
Work With An Experienced SD Defense Attorney
In California, commercial drivers are held to much stricter standards than
other drivers on the road. If you get ticketed or arrested while driving,
there could be serious repercussions, including:
- Suspension or revocation of your CDL, or even all driving privileges
- Loss of your job
- Higher insurance rates
- Fines & court fees for reinstating your license
To get high-quality, committed defense for your traffic offense, contact
my firm, Kern Law, APC. I will provide a
free evaluation that honestly depicts what you can expect from your case. I have 10+ years'
experience in criminal law and DUIs and have successfully represented
many clients around the San Diego area.
What are the penalties for DUI with a CDL?
Commercial drivers may be charged with DUI & incur a license suspension
for 1 year if one of the following situations applies:
- they have a blood alcohol level of .04% or above while driving their commercial vehicle
- they have a blood alcohol level of .08% while driving their personal/private vehicle
- they refuse a blood or breath test
If the offense is aggravated due to factors such as injury or extremely
high BAC, then the suspension could be for life.
Traffic Violations That Can Affect Your CDL
While not all traffic violations can jeopardize a driver's commercial
license, there are a few that CDL holders should especially watch out
for, such as:
- Speeding above 15mph
- Negligent/Careless Driving
- Hit & run
- Using a commercial vehicle to distribute drugs
- Improper lane changes
- Trucking without your CDL in possession or while your CDL is cancelled,
suspended, or revoked
Don't Wait To Get Help! Call My Firm Today.
Officers often wait along the local freeways to ticket unsuspecting drivers.
Once an officer stops you for an offense, they will almost always ticket
or arrest you for the offense that they think you've committed, no
matter the reason for it. Here are some of the interstates that are most at risk:
There are also other state highways, such as SR-94, SR 125, SR-52, SR-54,
SR-67 and many more that see multiple daily arrests.
Contact my office today so we can talk about your case.